Thursday 16 October 2014

Speeding Pensioner on Mobility Scooter in Tesco Hit and 'Nearly Killed' Elderly Shopper

Shaken shopper Bruce Storr, 67, says he was knocked down and injured by a mobility scooter doing 25mph while he was doing his weekly shop in Plymouth Tesco 
Image Credit SWNS via Mirror.co.uk
Mr Storr was in the DVD aisle when an elderly man came roaring along and slammed straight into him, he went flying through the air and he landed on his arm and shoulder, chipping a bone and leaving him in agony.
Police are investigating but the rider has not been charged. Mobility scooters usually have a top speed of 8mph but furious Bruce, is convinced it was doing three times that speed.
He said: "I was at the paper stand picking up a newspaper when he came shooting out of the aisle where they keep the videos and DVDs. It was doing about 25mph - being a HGV driver I am a very good judge of speed. Hit me on the backside. I was knocked backwards by a good five or six feet and landed on my shoulder and my head. I was on the floor when the ambulance came and they took me to A&E. The police were also there and spoke to witnesses and took statements. I didn't see much else but my Granddaughter said he was a grumpy old man, swinging his legs around like he didn't care. He didn't apologise."
At the minute anyone over the age of 14 can hop abroad without any sort of test. Safety campaigners want the law tightened up so people need licenses to drive mobility scooters.
Bruce says he was left very painful shoulder and has been to hospital twice to have his injuries looked at. "I can't use my right hand and my shoulder is very painful. When I went back they said I had chipped a bone in my shoulder. It's painful and swollen, and my neck is bruised. Something needs to be done about these mobility scooters, they can be very dangerous."
www.radar-detectors.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment